Interested in doing port jobs? Being a port eligible carrier will unlock on average an additional 30-50 paid jobs per week.
In order to gain access to the Port of Los Angeles and Long Beach you must have a valid Transportation Worker Identification Credential or T.W.I.C. card. If you are not in possession of a TWIC you can learn more here.
You must also possess a valid Class A Commercial Driver license.
Valid commercial insurance is required. NEXT Trucking must be added as an additional insured. Your Certificate of Insurance (Acord Certificate/Declaration page) must include the following coverage:
• Auto Liability (min $1M)
• Motor Truck Cargo (min $100K)
• Non-owned Trailer Interchange (min $30K)
In order to haul port loads you must have a registered 2-3 axle Power Only unit that meets the following criteria:
• Port Eligible (previously registered with PDTR if model year 2010 or older)
• Meets or exceeds California Air Resource Board (C.A.R.B) compliance standards
(A Drayage Truck that is equipped with an engine that meets or exceeds 2007 model year California or federal heavy-duty Diesel-Fueled On-Road emission standards)
• Willingness to obtain an RFID tag